One sure way of enhancing driving safety is to ensure that the drivers have the right driving competence levels.Vehicles are expensive static and secondly if mishandled , vehicles are dangerous machines; thus it is important to confirm that those who are entrusted with vehicles have the right competence. An organization would carry out a driving competence assessment for a driver before he/she is employed to determine driving suitability.
The assessment can also be carried out for drivers who are in employed within an organization as a driving safety audit exercise for the organization to confirm that the drivers are fit and alert to drive. In addition , driving assessment is a sure way of identifying training needs for drivers.The AA is renowned for carrying out driver assessments. Many candidates (drivers) are assessed by AA every month. The drivers are drawn from corporate organizations, Government parastatals/Ministries and private motorists.
The assessment covers the following areas (and not limited to these areas):-
- Basic car care.
- Vehicle control while on the road.
- Driving in traffic and road Maneuvers.
- Use of signals and observance of Road signs.
- Approach to round abouts, junctions, and pedestrian crossing.
- Knowledge of Highway code.
- Attitude and Behaviour on road.
- Defensive driving skills- alertness, anticipation.
Call us on 0709933999 or 0709933000