AA Kenya has evolved over the past 100 years from vehicle importation, road construction; driving school set up to an Association with a wide array of mobility related products and services. Founded in 1919, the role that AA played in the formative years was critical to ensuring the interests of motorists in the country were safeguarded. Some of the critical roles AA played included: providing information on the purchase and maintenance of motor vehicles, negotiating attractive insurance premiums for its members, set up of the first petrol depots in the country, and mapping of the roads. One of the milestones we are most proud of is that our founder, Galton Fenzi, was the first to drive from Nairobi to Mombasa using the Riley 12/50 vehicle. This vehicle was donated to AA Kenya to facilitate testing of road conditions in East Africa
By 1925 the membership of the association had grown to 2000, but the effects of the Second World War reduced the membership to 1,189 by 1939 and 753 in 1946. To diversify its services, the association started operating a driving school in 1962 beginning with a single Ford Anglia. The idea was introduced by the late M.A.S Northcorte and other former British army men. Respected for its strictness, in depth curriculum and commitment to responsible driving AA has become one of the most favoured driving schools on the continent. In the year 2000 AA Kenya completed the construction of it's million dollar headquarters comprising a highly equipped garage. At present the association has over 100,000 members and branch offices in all major towns countrywide. Internationally, AA Kenya is affiliated with Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) which represents over 100 million motorists worldwide.
Years Of Service
Hours Of Support
AA Kenya takes great pride in its members. As a result AAK has and will continue providing the following services to its members, as it is our committment.